We know how travelling can help cope with daily stress, be it of work or at home. It provides us with a means of getting away from the daily problems and enjoying with your family or alone, without having to worry about anything. Travelling is fun: There is no second thought to that, but to what limit will it actually help with raising a person’s spirits? Most people don’t know this but travelling can act as a therapy to help fight depression.
Some of the ways in which travelling helps are:
- It aids in building focus or increasing the sharpness of mind – Planning a trip can help take mind off the problems you are facing and increase focus as you have to plan what to take on the trip, where to stay, etc.
- It gives a person time to be with himself/herself – Admit it, everyone enjoys some time alone. Taking a solo trip can help you with reinventing yourself.
- Travelling helps build a more optimistic attitude towards different problems – Often in life, we lose all hope and think all is lost for us. Travelling can help with it as the fresh air and new surroundings can help build a more positive approach to all the problems in one’s life.
- It can help a person meet different people and make new friends – Meeting new people at new places can help greatly. You get to make new friends and learn about their culture and heritage.
- It enables an individual to adapt to change – It is rarely possible for everything to go as you planned it would on a trip. You may be mugged and you have to ask strangers to help you. The bookings you made may be cancelled. These small problems can help prepare you for the bigger problems in life.
Now that you know how travelling can help cope with depression, a question might arise that where should you travel to. India has many beautiful destinations, and one of the most beautiful being Wayanad Kerala. A beautiful district in Kerala, it is a lush forested area with regions of high altitude, and thus having a cool climate. In its east, it houses the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to many Asiatic elephants, lions, leopards and other such wildlife. There are many luxurious wildlife resorts for you to stay in. One of the best, by reviews and location being, The Woods Resort. The Wayanad Branch of this resort company has a very friendly environment. Situated in North-West Kerala, this resort provides beautiful landscaping and well-designed facilities. You can enjoy modern cottages, spa, a cafe, and an outdoor pool. The restaurant too has great food.
All this and more, at The Woods Resort, Wayanad, Kerala.
The best time to visit Kerala is in the winter season, between November and January, which is the peak season. Get packing!